ANNUAL CONFERENCE FOR METASTATIC BREAST CANCER : We’re excited that registration opened for our eighth Annual Conference for Women Living with Metastatic Breast Cancer! Come join us Saturday, April 26 – Sunday, April 27, at the Philadelphia Marriot West in West Conshohocken, Pa. Register for the conference or apply for a travel grant and fee waiver. Visit lbbc.org/metsconference to download a conference brochure.
TRIPLE-NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER WEBINAR SERIES: Learn more about triple-negative breast cancer during our free, two-part webinar series:
- Part One: Medical Update: On Thursday, April 17, from noon – 1 p.m. ET, featuring Rita Nanda, MD, who will help you understand today’s standard of care treatments for triple-negative disease.
- Part Two: Managing Fears of Recurrence: On Thursday, April 24, from noon – 1 p.m. ET, Julie Larson, LCSW, will discuss triggers of fears of recurrence and teach you strategies that will help you.
CDC AND YOUNG WOMEN AFFECTED BY BREAST CANCER: This week, Arin Ahlum Hanson, MPH, CHES, manager of the Young Women’s Initiative, is representing LBBC as a liaison member of the Federal Advisory Committee on Breast Cancer and Young Women. Arin will give a presentation about YWI to the committee, an initiative the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention developed to help increase understanding and awareness of breast cancer among women under age 40.
INSIGHT AND INSIGHTS ON METASTATIC BREAST CANCER: Kick-off spring and the start of something new by learning new information from the spring 2014 issues of our national newsletter and insert!
Visit lbbc.org to read Insight articles on
- the impact of breast cancer on body image.
- how far we’ve come in treating HER2-positive breast cancer.
- Sue Bowman, RN, OCN, CBCN, MSW, and how her diagnosis led her to become an oncology nurse navigator
Read Insights on Metastatic Breast Cancer , to learn about
- how people living with triple-negative metastatic breast cancer cope with managing emotions and making treatment decisions.
- Raquel Wernicke, and she remains fulfilled through working and volunteering.
Visit lbbc.org or our Facebook and Twitter pages to learn more about our upcoming programs and projects.
LOCAL MEETINGS ABOUT BRCA : Want to learn more about hereditary breast and ovarian cancer risk? Register for our upcoming free community meetings:
- Sunday, March 30 , from 1 – 3 p.m., at the Main Line Reform Temple in Wynnewood, Pa.
- Sunday, April 6, from 1 – 3 p.m., at the Tiferet Bet Israel in Blue Bell, Pa.
BAREFOOT BALLS AND YOGA ON THE STEPS: What better way to support our signature fundraising event, Yoga on the Steps, than a Barefoot Ball? Team Bee Inspired is holding a Barefoot Ball on Tuesday, April 1, from 2:15 – 4:30 p.m. at the Rode’s Barn in Swedesboro, NJ. Attend Bee Inspired’s event, and visit lbbc.org/Events to learn about upcoming Barefoot Balls near you.